Every tried a fish curry? If the answer is no, why don't you make our monkfish curry recipe your first?
- 500g monkfish, cut into 2.5cm chunks
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 curry leaves
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- 400ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 300g long grain rice
- Chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat, then add the onions, ginger, garlic and curry leaves. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the onions are browned, then add the chillies, cumin, turmeric and ground coriander. Cook for 1-2 minutes then add the tamarind paste, lime juice and 150ml water.
- Add the monkfish to the pan. Pour in the coconut milk and bring to the boil, then turn down to a gentle simmer. Season with salt and pepper and allow to cook gently for 5-10 minutes or until the fish is just cooked.
- While the curry is simmering, cook the rice according to the pack instructions, then drain. Serve the rice with the monkfish curry, garnished with fresh coriander.
Recipe courtesy of: www.loveseafood.co.uk